Monday 9 April 2012

The Power of Online Business by Meredith Jackson

The increasing dependency on the internet now means that the world has never been smaller.
It is no longer a case where one lives in a small town in the “sticks” & considers themselves far removed from all the companies in the big cities - nowadays this couldn’t be farther from the truth.
Google has opened the entire world for us all to do business.
Google’s main objective is to map out the world - it is now almost a situation where you can safely assume that if you can’t find something on Google, it doesn’t exist. I have spent hundreds of thousands of Euro over the past 7 years trying to expand my business in Europe; doing exhibition after exhibition, advertising in magazine after magazine - just to get a modest result. After a show that may have cost €5000-€6000, I’d end up getting more phone calls from companies wanting me to advertise, rather than customers looking to purchase my product.
Then I found Google AdWords…
I have spent years trying to find my customer. I knew that there were a thousand customers out there today with a project who were looking for my product but don’t know anything about me or Fernhill Stone’s product.
Now due to Google and Google AdWords, my customers are finding me. Within a second they are on my website, getting concept ideas for their projects, as well as discovering the range of choices available. All this can be done in the comfort of their own home, without having to spend a fortune to travel to an exhibition. A quick email to me and they can receive a quotation within hours. How the world has changed…
The company website now has become a 24/7 exhibition to millions of people across the world. All business owners must embrace the world of internet marketing if we want to stay in business.

Make that decision;
In any moment of decision,
The best thing to do is the right thing.
The next best thing to do is the wrong thing.
The worst thing to do is nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment